- On demand service – you use when you need it.
- Network Access – Uses internet as a Medium.
- Shared resources – Resources are pooled along, employed by multiple purchasers
- Scalability – Allows elasticity of resources.
As we all know that Pivotal Cloud Foundry is one of the Cloud platform. There are few basic feature that we should aware of before moving into any cloud platform. Those are,
In further posts we are going to learn about the basic cloud platform features. Now you’ll get a question, what is cloud computing? In the current post I am trying to explain about Cloud Computing.
Cloud Computing is nothing but a model of enabling convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing. For ex,
- It will be rapidly provisioned and released with lowest management effort.
- It provides high level of abstractions from computation to storage.
- Basically hard drives, databases pr CPU’s served to us on-demand.
- It has some essential characteristics, service models & deployment models.
Essential Characteristics of Cloud Computing:
- On-demand self-service
- Heterogeneous access
- Resource Pooling
- Measured Access
- High availability at all times
Previous: Pivotal Cloud Foundry